Total Insurance Protection for Australian Virtual Assistants
IME Insurance Brokers have built a strong reputation since 1992 for developing tailored insurance solutions for Associations throughout Australia. The Australian Virtual Assistants Association members can now also benefit from our expertise and specialist skills in making sure you have the right cover by offering you Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurances.
Professional Indemnity Insurance is a form of liability insurance that helps protect Virtual Assistants when providing advice and service. You may have made an error or omission resulting in a client suffering a financial loss. This insurance gives you peace of mind as it covers the costs you may incur when defending against a negligence claim made by your client. Professional Indemnity cover also provides for the defence costs, including when legal action taken against you is groundless.
Public Liability Insurance protects your business for negligence which results in someone being injured or someone’s property being damaged as a result of your negligence, e.g. a client of yours tripping over your laptop cable used by you when you are visiting their premises. With society becoming more litigious it is important that you protect yourself with this cover.
Accepted duties of a Virtual Assistant might include some of these tasks;
- General administration, i.e. word processing, responding to emails
- Broadcast emails
- Formatting of documentation
- Proof reading and editing
- Managing databases
- Data entry into spreadsheets
- Phone answering/reception duties
- Appointment setting/diary management
- Prepare newsletters and other Desktop Publishing documents
- Social media management
- Secretarial support for Non-for- Profit organisations (membership management)/Association Management
- Internet research
- Website management/updates-conditions apply. Please refer to our office.
- Marketing support
- Mail and email services
- Blog posts
- Minute taking
For all enquiries about how IME Insurance Brokers can look after your insurance needs please contact our office on 1800 641 260.